When an emergency strikes, visiting an Emergency Room for medical care from a doctor isn’t the only option available to you. Now, you can visit a 24 hr emergency clinic Houston to take care of many of the same issues treated at the ER. Visiting the emergency clinic offers a plethora of advantages over an ER visit.
Visiting an urgent care center is much faster than an Emergency Room. So many people plan for the night in when they make a trip to the ER, even when it is a simple medical emergency. When the clinic is chosen, you’ll get prompt attention and care from trained medical professionals.
There is a considerable cost difference between costs of an emergency room visit and an urgent care facility. Even when you have insurance, visiting the clinic makes perfect sense. The amount of money saved when visiting the clinic is worth talking about.
Many perks exist for those who opt to use urgent care instead of the ER. A few things to keep in mind about the urgent care:
- Urgent care is open 365 days per year, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Some urgent care centers have Family Nurse Practioners versus actual Physicians. It is up to you to inquire ahead of time.
- In most instances, no appointment is necessary to get medical care at an urgent care facility.
- The urgent care facility is capable of providing care to treat a variety of ailments, including broken bones, viruses (such as influenza) and more
- Some urgent care facilities accept insurance while others do not. Inquire of costs of services as well as insurance status prior to visit. Payment is expected at the time services are rendered.
- It is easier to get in and out of urgent care than an ER